The Roxbury Selectboard is the legislative and governing body of the town. The Selectboard:
- Warn Town Meetings,
- Propose and adopt the budget submitted to the voters for approval,
- Set the total town property tax rate,
- Authorize town expenditures,
- Enacts and amends ordinances,
- Appoint citizens to various town boards and to fill office vacancies until the next election,
- Hire, direct, and terminate non-elected town employees.
- Adopt policies to govern conduct, activities, and conditions within the town.
The three members of the Selectboard are elected by the town citizens to three-year terms, at the Annual Election on officers held on Town Meeting Day.
The members of the Selectboard and the Justices of the Peace, are also members of the Board of Civil Authority.
By law, the Selectboard meetings are open to the public and residents are encouraged to attend. Meeting agendas are posted at the Town Offices, this website, The Post Office, and Steele Hill – East Roxbury.